Friday, February 6, 2009

My Evolving Keybinds Revisited...

In my opinion, one of the most coveted things rogues rarely disclose is their keybind layout. I mean who wants to advertise how they took you down with a minimal amount of effort as a result, in part, of a well laid out keybind setup. Rogues, in my opinion, stand out from other WoW classes because we have to manipulate several offensive and defensive maneuvers well to survive in PVP (you'll see what I mean below). If there are other classes that have similar setup in depth as I have, please feel free to post it - I'd be most interested in seeing it.

Before I go over my setup, you should recognize as I do that everyones hands are different as are the mouse and keyboard that they use. My layout below is in no way depicting a "one-size-fits-all" approach. Its intended rather to document my evolving layout and hopefully stir up some interest...


Stealth Mode: 8 keybinds total
1 > ambush
2 > garrote
3 > gouge
4 > pick pockets
5 > macro for improved sap (I'll go over this macro in another post)
6> cheap shot
sA > Disarm traps
sE > Preparation

Combat Mode: 24 keybinds total
(note s depicts SHIFT key, m mouse key)
1> shiv
2> macro for sinister strike
3> gouge
4> evis
5> macro for mutilate
6> kidney shot
sA > fan of knives
sC > kick
sV > every man for himself
sQ > thistle tea
sR > rupture
sD > dismantle
sF > envenom
sH > runic heal pot / health stone for arena
sG > macro for bandage self
sT > blind
s3 > evasion
s2 > SnD
s1 > distract
s4 > vanish
` > stealth
sE > preparation
m4 > cloak of shadows
m5 > sprint

I'll review my Macro's that I use in the next post - enjoy...

No comments: