Tuesday, February 24, 2009

End of the Line...

All,

it is with some regret that I will no longer be posting to this journal. I canceled my account effective as of March 5th and will be dispersing whatever remaining possessions to key people on the Uther realm. My reasons for "hanging it up" is dual fold, and listed below (not in any order):

1) The game has gotten to repetitious and is a serious time drain. Over the past 3+ years of WoW'ing, I've put in approximately 74 days (approx. $800 bucks in subscription fees) into this game. Try to put this into perspective - I could have had advanced in the name of productivity in a number of fronts including but not limited to - a) developing a start-up business to generate residual income, b) started a second language, c) start learning violin or trumpet, d) sell guns and made lots of money, etc.

2) Blizzard's game play experience has greatly diverged from where I think it should have evolved to. Again this is just my humble opinion based on my observations - particularly around the time the 1st and 2nd XP's came out. If I were to try and sum this up, I'd say
  • Blizzard homogenized most class abilities to the point beyond recognition.
  • 2nd XP only - plate classes rule (DK/RP). I can't figure out what shit Blizzard was smoking when they made/reworked these classes - amazing DPS output, superb defensive capability and literally no downside.
This isn't a rant/qq at Blizzard - I have no regrets playing this game. Its just the end of the line for me.

All the best,
TJ

No comments: