Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Pre-BC initial thoughts

BC is here in all its media-hype glory.

I was chatting with peeps from my guild the other night as it dawned on me that the expansion set will invariably effect our current raid schedule going forward. Let me explain:

1) There are no more 40-man raid's - probably due to either a lack of interest or from people complaining that its too much of a of a time commitment to attain top-end gear. Personally, I do set aside 1 raid night a week, however, the reality is that it doesn't lend itself to attaining top end gear in a reasonable time frame. Seriously, to do Naxx, its recommended to get the top-end gear from AQ40/BWL but in order to do those, its recommended to get the top-end gear from Ony/MC, but in order to do those, and so on and so on.

2) Two new races with *much* improved starting abilities than pre-bc races. Ok Blizz, nice job here; you have cleverly created an attractive incentive for players that already have 60 mains/alts, to start new characters from these new races. I can't say for sure, but I would imagine that some of our higher ranking guild members (officers and the like) will be gravitating towards these new races which means their availability with their main/alts will be somewhat diminished.

3) I think that the guild concept will change to some degree to smaller *clicks* that will be running 5-mans ad nauseam. So if you don't have any guildies that like instancing with you then you might find yourself S-O-L with doing these in-guild.

Regards,
TheJackal

No comments: