Sunday, January 4, 2009

WOTLK - Nearing the End...

I just leveled to 79 tonight and started looking for gear to replace my S1-S3 pvp gear. To my surprise, there is one particularly insane leather-working recipe for pvp rogues that come stacked with crit-rating, attack power, and resilience, not to mention an abundant amount of base points in Agi/Stam.

The set is named the Eviscerator (an 8 piece set) and can be easily made or bought depending on your profession set, or who you know. In my case, I make decent money so I just said f*** it - I bought several pieces along with a respective entry level WOTLK enchants to boot. What I found astounding were the materials used to make this stuff - they can be easily harvested/bought if you so choose - and I mean EASY. The materials in pre BC took an insane amount of grinding/questing/partying to get measely table scraps. This works well for me as I am limited time wise on steady game play but I do recognize many oversights with Blizzard's casual game design which I will not get into - its just too lengthy of a topic.

Next steps my main (not necessarily in any order):

  1. leveling to 80 (questing/grinding - the usual churn)
  2. max out primary/secondary professions alchemy and lock picking
  3. max out combat areas such as throwing stuff and daggers
  4. get some higher end gear starting with my daggers and/or neck piece (its the only 70 item I have left)
The journey to 80 is nearing its end...onto 80.




No comments: